Over the weekend I was trying to use mod_rewrite with apache 2 webserver for cygwin and kept getting the following error:
11086085 [main] httpd2 4492 fork: child 5492 - died waiting for dll loading, errno 11
It seemed obvious that cygwin was unable to load some dependency for mod_rewrite. After a little googling, I found a suggestion to rebase cygwin. The procedure is as follows:
- Shutdown cygserver (if running): net stop cygserver.
- Close all cygwin windows.
- Open Start->Run
- rebase has to be run from an ash shell, so type C:\path\to\cygwin\bin\ash.exe
- Once the shell window in open: $ cd /bin
- $ ./rebaseall
- $ exit to close the window
After this, I restarted the cygserver service and apache and mod_rewrite worked perfectly.