I’ve been getting a few requests for an update on Modify Headers, so here we go:
- Follow occasional updates on Twitter at http://twitter.com/modifyheaders
- The update for Firefox 4 is complete. Before submitting to Mozilla, the export/import facility is getting a much needed overhaul.
- The export function is complete and the import function is under development.
- The Open in a new tab feature has been disabled due to problems on Macs with
prefwindow. The configuration will open only as a separate window in the next version.
- The help pages hosted at mozdev.org are failing. mozdev.org disabled PHP due to a security concern on their platform.
- I will move the hosting for the help pages to this website, come back soon for an announcement of the URL.
Once the new version of Modify Headers is submitted to AMO, I’ll start on the update for XHTML Mobile Profile.
I just downloaded the 0.6.7 version and modified the RDF to accept ff4-pre9 and it seemed to work. Just wanted to let you know and thank for a useful addon.
Thanks for letting me know. I did submit a revision for Firefox 4 a few weeks ago, but this was rejected as AMO have tightened up on code standards. This is a good thing as it forces me to make some small improvements that have been at the back of my mind for a while.
I would need some headers added only for specific sites. Any hope of getting url specific rules? Would it be difficult to add?
Its on the roadmap and will be the next feature implemented once the Firefox 4 support release is out.
I just downloaded Modify Headers from the AMO sandbox and installed it on FF4b8 after bumping it. It works just great. Am waiting for header for specific sites